The best photography locations in Czechia
Czechia photo locations
The Czech Republic is a fantastic destination for photographers, with its picturesque cities, stunning landscapes, and historic landmarks. The best time to visit the Czech Republic for photography is during the shoulder seasons of spring (April-May) and autumn (September-October). These periods offer mild weather, fewer crowds, and beautiful foliage. Here are some of the most popular places to photograph in the Czech Republic:
1. Prague: The capital city is a photographer's dream, featuring iconic landmarks such as Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Old Town Square, and the Astronomical Clock. Visit early in the morning or during the golden hour to capture the city's beauty in the best light and with fewer tourists.
2. Český Krumlov: This UNESCO World Heritage site is a charming medieval town with a stunning castle, winding streets, and the Vltava River. The best time for photography is during the shoulder seasons when the town is less crowded.
3. Kutná Hora: Home to the famous Sedlec Ossuary (Bone Church) and the Gothic St. Barbara's Church, Kutná Hora offers a unique photographic experience. Visit during the shoulder seasons for optimal conditions.
4. Karlovy Vary: Known for its elegant architecture and thermal springs, this spa town is perfect for capturing beautiful streetscapes and colorful buildings.
5. Plzeň: The birthplace of Pilsner beer, Plzeň features the Great Synagogue, the Renaissance-style Town Hall, and the Pilsner Urquell Brewery. Visit during the shoulder seasons for the best photography conditions.
6. Moravian Tuscany: This region, located in South Moravia, is famous for its rolling hills, vineyards, and picturesque rural landscapes. Visit in spring or autumn for the most vibrant colors and pleasant weather.
7. Bohemian Switzerland National Park: This park offers stunning sandstone rock formations, gorges, and the famous Pravčická brána (the largest natural sandstone arch in Europe). The best time to visit is during the shoulder seasons or summer for optimal weather and foliage.
8. Hluboká Castle: This romantic neo-Gothic castle is surrounded by beautiful gardens, making it a great location for photography. Visit during spring or autumn for the best conditions.
9. Telč: Another UNESCO World Heritage site, Telč is known for its colorful Baroque and Renaissance buildings surrounding the main square. Visit during the shoulder seasons for fewer crowds and beautiful light.
10. Karlštejn Castle: Located near Prague, this impressive Gothic castle is set amidst lush forests, offering excellent opportunities for landscape and architectural photography. The shoulder seasons provide the best conditions for photography.
No matter where you choose to photograph in the Czech Republic, always be respectful of local customs and landmarks, and be prepared for varying weather conditions.
Discover the best photography locations in Czechia with PhotoHound - our contributors have added 152 Czechia photography locations so far.
Most popular photo locations in Czechia
We hope you enjoy photographing Czechia - don't forget to share your photography locations in Czechia on PhotoHound and tag us on social media using hashtag #photohound