About this spot
This is one of the biggest monasteries in Bulgaria. Coins and decorations found in the monastery date from the time of Byzantine Emperor Michael VIII Palaiologos (1259–1282). From the monastery windows you’ll have views of the Rozhen sand pyramids.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.