About this spot
The Ancient Roman Theatre of Philippopolis is one of the best preserved ancient theaters in the world. Thanks to the specific architecture of the theater, the acoustic is unique.The Theatre was built in the Old Town, in the natural saddle between the beautiful hills of Dzhambaz Tepe and Taksim Tepe, and it was one of the most significant public buildings in Trimontium, remarkable for its architecture and splendor. The seats are oriented to the south, giving spectacular views of the ancient city in the valley and the Rhodope Mountains.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.