About this spot
The Petrified Wedding is relatively large rock formation in an area of 5 ha. Petrified Wedding started forming 40 billion years ago, due to underwater volcanic activity, which formed the rock rhyolite tufts. Later, after the sea receded, the rocks were exposed to rain, wind and sun, which formed them in their current shape.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.