4 images 1 contributors
About this spot
The first signs of occupation around the fortress date from the 5th century B.C. at the times of the Thracians. Situated at a strategic position between Tracia and Northern Greece, it has played a major role. The name comes from King Ivan Asen who carried out the major construction work and expansion of the fortress.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.