About this spot
Yar Tor is part of a two tor complex with Corndon Tor to the east. Yar Tor is one of those tors that motorists pass by on their way to Dartmeet and Princetown but perhaps more frequented by horse riders and photographers. Although close to the road it is not visible. It is a large tor consisting of three main piles and an extensive clitter field. The views from it over to the Dart valley and Bellever Tor are fantastic.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.