About this spot
Wistman's Wood is a small, remote, ancient woodland area on Dartmoor. Covering just eight acres in area, this isolated woodland is the remnant of an ancient woodland which once covered the moor thousands of years ago, and is one of only three such high-altitude oakwoods remaining in Dartmoor (Piles Copse, Black-a-Tor Copse ).
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.