About this spot
Wicken Fen is a glimpse into the lost landscape of the Cambridgeshire Fens. Drainage has destroyed most of the original fenland landscape, but Wicken Fen is kept artificially wet and is a haven for native flora and fauna. Today Wicken Fen, is one of Europe's most important wetlands and is home to over nine thousand recorded species, as well as many rare species of plants, birds and dragonflies.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.