About This Spot
Discovery Park is the largest city park in Seattle. Encompassed in it boundaries is the historic site of Fort Lawton, (including a small enclave of housing which still belongs to the military), the Day Break Star Native American cultural center, a partially hidden sewage treatment facility, and an abandoned lighthouse. In addition, the park has forest, grassland and beaches as well as over 11-miles of trails connecting everything together. Photographically, the lighthouse is the main attraction as it sits on the shores of the Puget Sound with the Olympic Mountains as a backdrop.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.