About this spot
West Mill Tor sits on the northern moor slightly to the east of Yes Tor. It’s a pretty steep sided tor (apart from the approach from the south) which gives a good workout when climbing it. West Mill Tor lies within the Okehampton firing range and a military flagpole on the summit of Yes Tor will indicate when firing is happening. There are excellent views north from here as well providing a good option on a walk to Yes Tor when starting out from Okehampton Camp.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.