West Blatchington Windmill, Hove
1 images 1 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
The windmill dates from the 1820s and is featured in one of John Constable's paintings. This particular design is known as “smock mill”, where a rotating cap with sails pivots on top of a fixed wooden tower, usually octagonal, although this rare example has only six-sides.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.