About this spot
Watern Tor is in the centre of North Dartmoor. Although not the highest nor the most prominent of tors it's impressive and the views on a clear day are excellent and you can see to the Mendips to the north east. The layered granite stacks are quite unique here. Getting to Wild Tor takes you right into the moor along well established tracks mostly.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.