About this spot
Garret Hostel Lane crosses the River Cam at Garret Hostel Bridge. This is at least the eighth bridge on this site between the colleges of Trinity and Trinity Hall. The current design is by T G Morgan and was completed in 1960. The apex of the bridge offers fine views in both directions along the river. North can be seen Trinity Punt station, and behind that Trinity College bridge. Looking south we can see Clare College bridge (the oldest in Cambridge), and beyond that to King’s College bridge. All the other bridges across the Cam were deliberately demolished during the English Civil War to make the town more defensible.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.