Twin Firs Loop
5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
The Twin Firs Trail is a 0.4 mile walk through the lowland forest environment found in the Nisqually River Valley. The trail passes large, old growth, fir and cedar trees, some standing tall, others lying on the ground and decomposing to the point where they can serve as nurse logs for new trees. The forest floor is covered with ferns interspersed, in the spring, with ground dogwood and trilliums. After passing several massive trees, the trail heads up a short hill, crosses a couple of small streams then descends back to the valley floor and the larger trees.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.