About this spot
The Museum of Flight is the largest, nonprofit, private air and space museum in the world. The displays include some of the earliest biplanes as well as examples of amazingly aerodynamic spy and fighter jets such as M-21 Blackbird. There is an area devoted to the Apollo missions, and across the street is a huge room containing a Space Shuttle Trainer. In the outside area is a Concorde, Eisenhower's Air Force One and a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, just to name a few. One of the most fascinating areas of the museum is World War 1 and World War 2 galleries filled with time period airplanes. Finally, in recognition to the huge part that the Boeing Company has played in the development of airplanes, there is a large historical building called the Red Barn, which was the first Boeing factory.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.