About this spot
The Space Needle has an Observation Deck located 540 feet above the ground with a 360 degree view of the vibrant and growing city of Seattle and the Puget Sound Basin. The downtown core, with all its high rising towers is spread out at your feet to the south with Mt Rainier dominating the southern horizon. Ferries, container ships and cruise boats can be seen coming and going over Elliott Bay. West Seattle, Puget Sound, the Elliott Bay Marina, the Olympic Mountains as well as Magnolia and Queen Anne Hills fill the landscape to the northwest. A quick walk around the top of the Space Needle produces more views, starting with Lake Union and heading out to the Cascade Range range where, on a clear day, Mt Baker can be seen gleaming in the sunlight to the north, almost on the Canadian border.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/photohou/public_html/inc/my_collections.php on line 147
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/photohou/public_html/inc/my_collections.php on line 198