About this spot
When approaching from Ribblehead station, there are numerous places to stop and enjoy the views - so despite being a little longer, I highly recommend this approach. This location is a good few miles of arduous walking from the car/train though so make sure to take a head torch and be happy to descend in the dark. The views from up here are well worth the effort though, with Whernside towering over the valley to the north and the great bowl of Humphrey Bottom providing a huge sweeping curve of hillside towards Ingleborough.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.