Shilshole Bay Marina
14 images 2 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
This large marina is located on the Puget Sound with the Olympic Mountains in the background. It is an ideal place to watch the sunset behind the mountains while boats return to the dock for the night. The marina is noted for its statue of Leif Erikson surrounded by runic-like stones with authentic Viking carvings and the names of the original Scandinavian immigrants who settled in Ballard.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.