About this spot
The east side of the West Seattle peninsula offers outstanding views over Elliott Bay to the downtown Seattle core. There are four main areas used for these panoramic vistas; Jack Block Park, Seacrest Park, Don Armeni Boat Ramp, and Hamilton Viewpoint Park. Each of these areas has a slightly different advantage. Jack Block Park offers users a ramp out into the bay and a 45-foot observation tower. This park places you close to the busy dock areas of the Port of Seattle. Seacrest Park is extremely convenient for anyone who arrives by passenger ferry from Seattle. It has a fishing dock for people to walk out on as well as kayak, paddle board and bike rentals making it a dynamic location on warm, summer days. The neighboring Don Armeni Boat Ramp offers a couple of viewing areas and solid ground for setting up a tripod at sunset. Finally, Hamilton Viewpoint Park is located a couple hundred feet above Elliott Bay and has a better view of the Cascade Mountains behind the core area of downtown Seattle. (The trees are growing rapidly here and, if nothing changes, this location will be reserved for tall people with really tall tripods).
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.