River Great Ouse, Ely
5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Unsurprisingly, given the name of the car park, this is a popular stretch of the river for fishermen. It is so peaceful it is almost possible to forget the railway line which runs almost parallel to the river at this point. The path roughly follows the river for about half a mile until it intersects with Kiln Lane. This low-lying area is one of Ely’s water meadows, deliberately designed to flood first should the Great Ouse start to overflow. It is therefore relatively undeveloped and a haven for wildlife.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.