About this spot
This is one of the most famous views of the town and it's easy to see why - with the castle and walls standing high above the river Swale and waterfalls. The skyline of Richmond is full of local landmarks including the castle itself, the Trinity church and obelisk in the town centre and then the Friary tower to the right. In the midground there is plenty of woodland too which can be used to frame the town nicely. As a result, it's often a good idea to walk along the stretch of path overlooking town a few times to help decide just how to do this, as the feel of the shot can be changed drastically moving just a few metres left or right.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.