About this spot
Richmond waterfalls are a very well known spot being so close to the centre of town - the falls consist of two separate waterfalls as the river is divided by a large rocky outcrop - although when flooded this can sometimes merge into one raging torrent. The dam above the falls also gets overtopped on such occasions, resulting in a 2 tier set of falls. The water may sometimes look dirty but this is merely natural peat staining from the moors up the valley - if you visit after a prolonged dry or cold spell, when the moors are likely to have been frozen, you will find it looking much clearer and perhaps more beautiful.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.