Reflection Lakes, Mount Rainier National Park
7 images 2 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
About this spot
A group of lakes and puddles known for perfect reflections of Mt. Rainier are the center pieces of this “must have” photo location. The best reflections are found in the largest of the lakes, right on the edge of the Paradise to Ohanapecosh Road, (also known as the Stevens Canyon Road). In spring, the snow and ice melt from the lake and the accumulated water floods the shores. By August the lakeshore dries out somewhat and a sprinkling of wildflowers may be found. These lakes are known for the reflections that last all day – if and only if – the wind does not come up and the water remains calm. The lakes are not only scenic during the daylight hours, they also make interesting foregrounds for starry night images.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.