Quinta da Regaleira
3 images 1 contributors
Wayne & Lyn Liebelt
About this spot
On a hilltop estate in Sintra, Portugal, sits the mystical villa and gardens named Quinta da Regaleira. With its rambling garden hiding grottos, moss-covered towers, waterfalls and secret underground passageways its like something straight out of a Harry Potter novel. There are many references of secret societies' symbolism and iconography. And then there is the Initiation Well - a 'subterranean tower' sinking 27 metres into the earth accessible by a monumental stairway, full of masonic, esoteric and alchemical symbols. Eerie!
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
Offer ends March 28
This spot appears in 1 guide.