5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Pinnacle Saddle is one of the iconic locations for photographing and viewing Mt. Rainier. The saddle is located among the jagged and rocky summits of the Tatoosh Range which is just far enough away from The Mountain to allow a full view of the many glaciers and bright green meadows on the south side of the volcano. The saddle is accessed by a short, 1.3 mile, trail which gains 1150 feet in a remarkable hurry. Despite the steepness of the trail and the rough walking created by rocks and leg stretching steps, the trail is very popular and used by hundreds of people every day.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.