10 images 5 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
Oxbow Bend is a very popular location, particularly at sunrise. During the peak season, it may be difficult to find a good spot unless you arrive early for sunrise. Take care to not interfere with others and consider coming back later in the morning if there is no room.
About this spot
If not the most photographed spot in Grand Teton National Park, Oxbow Bend is certainly in the top two or three. Here, an oxbow side channel of the Snake River provides quiet water that offer reflections of Mount Moran and the other northern Teton mountains. The spot is also good for wildlife, including pelicans and other water fowl, sandhill cranes, eagles, elk, moose, bears, and more.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.