About this spot
Occidental Square is where Seattle locals and visitors come to socialize and play. Tables and chairs are located throughout the center of the square and surrounded by maple trees for shade. Coffee shops, food trucks, art galleries are all in the mix here. People come to make music and jam with others. Weather permitting, a park concierge sets out activities and games and is good source of visitor information. Statues are found around the square area, the most notable being the Firefighters Memorial, the Sun and Raven totem, and huge carvings of Tsonoqua and the Bear. The area is crowded on any sunny day and full to overflowing at pre-soccer game rallies. Occidental Square is located near several other Seattle attractions; Pioneer Square, Seattle Underground, The Waterfall Park, Smith Tower, and the Stadium District.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.