About this spot
This is a well-hidden viewpoint in the Dartmoor National Park at the top of the Wray River Valley. It requires the use of a telephoto lens (at least 200mm) from the roadside after a quick scramble onto the top of the roadside hedge. However, the whole surrounding area has many little lofty roadside viewpoints to explore, overlooking the historic town. Additionally, there is a great viewpoint of the town and church (and part of this view) from the southerly road of (the adjacent hill) Mardon Down which is easier to get to.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.