About this spot
Melrose Ave E is a perfect location to view and photograph the downtown core of Seattle. The numerous freeway overpasses in this area provide ideal locations to add bright streaks of taillights and headlights to the scene at dawn and dusk. Views from the barrier wall above the freeway extend over South Lake Union to the Space Needle and Olympic Mountain range. For graphic images, frame the streets tunneling between towering high rises.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.