About this spot
To visit, head for Chagford. The hill rises high above the town and its distinctive church tower. Note that there's a smaller hill to the east of Meldon Hill called Nattadon Hill. To the west is Kestor Rock on the high moors of Chagford Common near Shovel Down. This has good 460 degree views of eastern Dartmoor and has some interesting rocky outcrops for foreground interest.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.