Lyon view from the Ampithéatre of the 3 Gaules
4 images 2 contributors
About this spot
This spot is located on the slopes of the Croix Rousse near the town hall and just above the Roman amphitheater of 3 Gauls. This amphitheater of Lugdunum (present-day city of Lyon) is an element of the Federal Shrine of the Three Gauls dedicated to the worship of Rome and Augustus celebrated by the sixty Gallic nations gathered in Lugdunum. The vestiges of the amphitheater are classified as historic monuments since November 27, 1961.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.