5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Seattle's International District is home to many groups of ethnic Asian Americans. Bilingual street signs celebrate the historic settlement of the Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese. Each of these three ethnic groups have worked hard to maintain a sense of their culture in the International District through murals and sculptures. The most prominent symbol is the large and colorful Chinatown Gate. The other method of displaying ethnicity is through the restaurants, tea shops, and stores that feature Asian products. When walking along the streets, expect to hear numerous languages and dialects. Sit down with a cup of tea and close your eyes, you may feel like you are in Asia.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.