About this spot
This is really not a destination to spend hours at, more just a lovely view whilst passing through or when exploring some of the other locations in this guide (this is, in fact, on the way to Moughton Scar and the summit of Ingleborough, so have a look at those if you'd like to make this part of a longer walk). Pen-y-ghent has such a beautiful profile that it's worth including this view on its own, as the view across the valley gives a perfect angle on its famous shape.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.