Harbor Steps and Hammering Man
5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Hammering Man is a 48-foot tall kinetic sculpture that was designed to celebrate the worker. The sculpture swings his hammer 4 times a minute for 20 hours everyday, except Labor Day when he takes a holiday. The Hammering Man is considered to be public art and is located on the street corner. The second part of this Spot is the Harbor Steps Park located across the street. The park is comprised of a series of steps interspersed by terraces and decorated with 4 waterfalls and one plaza area. The steps lead from 1st Ave down to Western Ave for easy pedestrian access to the waterfront.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.