About This Spot
As Central Park is to New York city, Green Lake Park is to Seattle. People come daily to walk, run, bike or skate along the 2.8 mile, nearly level, path around the lake. During the summer months, the rental boats come out, or people bring their own canoes, rafts and kayaks. Fishermen line the docks. Ducks and shore birds wade and swim the waters just off shore. On warm days, the lake is full of swimmers as is the large wading pool on the northeast side of the park. In addition to the lawns and trees, there are fields for sports, basketball hoops and tennis courts. Seasons may be viewed here; from daffodils, cherry blossoms and new leaves in the spring to yellow and red leaves in the fall. Once every couple of years, the park is covered with a blanket of snow and the lake water may even skim over with a dangerously thin covering of ice.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.