2 images 1 contributors
About this spot
This area of riverside walk and grazing land is an extremely popular place for a gentle stroll in the warmer months, and is very easy on the eye as the River Cam wends its lazy way among the reeds and trees. The footpath to Cambridge that runs beside Grantchester Meadows is nicknamed the Grantchester Grind, which is also the title of a 1995 comic novel written by Tom Sharpe. Further upstream is Byron's Pool, named after Lord Byron, who is said (by Brooke, at least) to have swum there.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.