About this spot
Gas Works Park stands out among the many public parks in Seattle. The park was built on the site of the Seattle Gas Light Company Plant, where coal was turned into gas. This rather unique park was built around many of the old pipes and towers of the original factory. One section of the old gas works has been turned into a covered play area for children and adults where they can climb on the old pipes and supporting framework. Another feature of the park is a man-made hill designed for kite flying and featuring a sundial on the top. However, the main feature of the park is the expansive view over Lake Union to the downtown core of Seattle. Various concerts and activities are held at the park, mainly during the summer months. The largest event is held on the Fourth of July, when thousands of people come to view the fireworks display on Lake Union. From the shores of Lake Union park visitors have a ring side seat to the Duck Dodge, which is held on many, but not all Tuesday evening from mid-May through mid-September. This event brings out a mass of colorful sailboats which race around Lake Union and somehow manage not to run into each other.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/photohou/public_html/inc/my_collections.php on line 147
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/photohou/public_html/inc/my_collections.php on line 198