About this spot
Fisherman's Terminal is where the commercial fishing fleet moors during the off season. The terminal is located inside the Ballard Locks on the freshwater of Salmon Bay. The crews have areas to dry and store nets, repair the boats or exchange equipment in preparation for the next season. Although some of the docks are open to non-commercial moorage, the main activity rotates around the working boats. Take a moment to examine the Fisherman's Memorial with it's list of over 670 fisherman who have died since 1900 while commercial fishing. The south end of the terminal's west wall is reserved for fish sales, which come directly off the boat that caught them (this activity is somewhat seasonal). One of the terminal's most popular tourist attraction is the occasional moorage of vessels featured on the reality television program the Deadliest Catch.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.