About this spot
The objective of this photo shoot is to show the cross-Sound ferries that leave Colman dock and travel west to either Bremerton or Bainbridge and to photograph the Seattle skyline from the water. This requires purchasing a ticket and riding the ferry across the Puget Sound. (We recommend going to Bremerton). If you have a car, you can then loop around through the small town of Poulsbo and return on the Bainbridge ferry. If deciding to skip the ferry ride, try the outside walkway of the Colman Dock, which overlooks the north side of the docking area, the car holding lot and the dock where the arriving and departing boats may be seen.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.