Dege Peak, Mount Rainier National Park
4 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Dege Peak is the eastern most highpoint along Sourdough Ridge. It has a commanding view west, up the White River to the Emmons Glacier and of the summit of Mt. Rainier. To the south Mt. Adams, the Goat Rocks and Highway 410 are visible. East is a plethora of major Cascade summits to be viewed from Mt. Stuart all the way north to Glacier Peak and Mt. Baker. Dege Peak is a relatively easy walk on a well maintained trail to an ideal vista point for photographing broad scenes of the Cascade Crest as well as Mt. Rainier. It is also an ideal location for photographing sunrises on the glacier clad east side of The Mountain.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.