Shoot with care
The Deer Creek Narrows and Patio area is a sacred site to several Native peoples. Travel within the gorge itself is prohibited. Please respect and do not touch the pictographs along the trail.
About this spot
Deer Creek Narrows is a deep, narrow side canyon above Deer Creek Falls in Grand Canyon National Park. The creek curves through brownish-red striated sandstone, creating a stunning slot, which is viewed from above along a trail through the narrows. Above the slot canyon, the narrows opens up to an area known as the Patio. There are several small waterfalls in the Patio area.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers