Columbia Center – Sky View Observatory
7 images 3 contributors
About this spot
The Columbia Center Sky View Observatory is located nearly 1,000-feet above the ground and offers the highest public view over the city of Seattle. This grandiose, 360 degree panorama spans across the Puget Sound Basin from Mt Rainier to Mt Baker. The Puget Sound, lakes and waterways as well as roads and freeways are laid out below your feet. To the west lies the Olympic Mountains. To the east is the Cascade Range. Other city viewpoints such as the Smith Tower and the Space Needle seem tiny from this skyscraping view. Yes, you will see a lot of roof tops. However, you will also look down on parks, gardens, streets and freeways.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.