About this spot
The Barbican Centre is located within the Barbican Estate and is home to two art galleries, two theatres, three cinemas, a concert hall and a tropical conservatory. The Centre was designed by Peter Chamberlin, Geoffry Powell and Christoph Bon of Chamberlin, Powell and Bon in the Brutalist style, and is set out in a complex multi-level layout with numerous entrances. There are many public areas that you are free to roam and photograph. Tickets are required to enter exhibition spaces, theatres and cinemas and photography there is limited (follow guidelines for each). The Conservatory is worth a visit but has limited opening times - see separate PhotoHound event for Barbican Conservatory.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.