About this spot
Avalanche Gorge is one of the most visited and iconic places in Glacier National Park. Its unique microclimate features a lush rainforest-type feel with lots of tall hemlock and cedar trees growing from a mossy forest floor. The flat boardwalk trail is easy to walk thus making it extremely popular during the height of tourist season in July and August.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.