5 images 1 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
About this spot
Alta Vista is the steep knoll directly above Paradise. While the Paradise Meadows, created by a forest fire that swept the area in 1889, are now beginning to fill in with trees, the meadows on the east side of Alta Vista remain green,vibrant and, during the summer, covered with wildflowers. There are several paved trails that will take you up the steep sides of the Alta Vista, the steepest trails are recommended here so that it is easy to view Mt. Rainier as you traverse the open slopes.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.