About this spot
Almscliffe Crag is an outcrop of millstone grit that stands above an otherwise flat landscape, just south of the Dales, which makes it prominent and clearly visible for miles around. It's a popular location with climbers, families and photographers alike - so is often a very busy place, especially considering that the whole area is quite compact.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.