Lower Chinook Creek Falls, Mount Rainier National Park
6 images 2 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
The suggested viewpoint is off the trail. Be careful and avoid steep slopes into the Chinook Creek canyon.
About this spot
This is an excellent area to spend part or all of a cloudy, or lightly raining, day in Mt. Rainier National Park. Waterfalls, not just one, but many, can be found along a couple of miles of trail. There are also numerous cascades and scenic river scenes to be discovered in this lovely forested valley. This spot is specific to Lower Chinook Creek Falls. The walk begins with a steep, 0.4 mile, descent along Deer Creek, where the first waterfall is found (see separate Photohound spot). The descent ends at the intersection with the East Side Trail. Head upstream (north) to find several small waterfalls and the impressive Lower Chinook Creek Falls. Head south to find Stafford Falls (see separate Photohound spot).
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.