Carnevale di Venezia (Venice Carnival)
102 images 6 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
The Carnival of Venice is an annual festival which ends as the Christian celebration of Lent, forty days before Easter, begins on Shrove Tuesday. The Venetian carnival tradition is most famous for its distinctive masks, some of them have special meanings in Venetian history so it’s worth reading up on it beforehand. Whilst its popularity has made it the busiest time to visit Venice, especially for photographers - you will see some of the most spectacular costumes set against the backdrop of the splendours of Venice.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
Offer ends March 28
This event appears in 1 guide.