The best photography locations in Switzerland
Switzerland photo locations
Switzerland is known for its breathtaking landscapes, charming villages, and impressive architecture, making it an ideal destination for photographers. Here are 15 of the most popular photography spots in Switzerland:
1. Matterhorn: This iconic, pyramid-shaped peak is one of the most photographed mountains in the world, often captured from the picturesque village of Zermatt.
2. Lauterbrunnen Valley: With its dramatic cliffs, cascading waterfalls, and quaint Swiss chalets, Lauterbrunnen Valley offers a quintessential Swiss landscape.
3. Lake Lucerne: Surrounded by the Swiss Alps, Lake Lucerne provides stunning reflections and views, particularly from the city of Lucerne or the nearby Mount Pilatus.
4. Interlaken: This popular resort town, nestled between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, offers beautiful lake views and serves as a gateway to the Jungfrau region.
5. Oeschinen Lake: A stunning glacial lake surrounded by rugged mountain peaks, Oeschinen Lake is a great location for landscape photography.
6. Chillon Castle: Situated on the shores of Lake Geneva, Chillon Castle is a medieval fortress that offers both architectural and landscape photography opportunities.
7. Bern Old Town: With its well-preserved medieval architecture, cobbled streets, and famous Zytglogge clock tower, Bern's Old Town is a charming location for street photography.
8. Rhine Falls: Europe's largest waterfall, Rhine Falls provides a dramatic backdrop for capturing the power and beauty of nature.
9. St. Moritz: This luxury alpine resort town is known for its picturesque lakes, stunning mountain views, and upscale architecture.
10. Montreux: Set on the shores of Lake Geneva and surrounded by vineyards, Montreux offers a unique blend of natural beauty and urban charm.
11. Appenzell: Known for its colorful, traditional houses and scenic rolling hills, Appenzell is an idyllic spot for capturing Swiss rural life.
12. The Aletsch Glacier: The largest glacier in the Alps, the Aletsch Glacier offers a striking and dramatic subject for photography.
13. Gornergrat: Accessible by the Gornergrat railway, this viewpoint offers panoramic views of the Matterhorn and surrounding peaks.
14. Lake Blausee: This small, crystal-clear lake surrounded by dense forests is known for its vibrant blue color, making it a popular photography spot.
15. Grindelwald: Set in the heart of the Bernese Alps, Grindelwald offers spectacular mountain views and serves as a starting point for many scenic hikes.
These 15 locations showcase the diverse beauty of Switzerland, providing photographers with a wide range of subjects and scenes to capture.
Discover the best photography locations in Switzerland with PhotoHound - our contributors have added 110 Switzerland photography locations so far.
Most popular photo locations in Switzerland
We hope you enjoy photographing Switzerland - don't forget to share your photography locations in Switzerland on PhotoHound and tag us on social media using hashtag #photohound