WTGB - Big Cone
2 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Big Cone is a large sinter cone on the edge of Yellowstone Lake. Depending on lake levels the cone can either be attached to the shoreline as in the images above, or as far as 20 feet (6 m) from shore, or even totally submerged by the lake. Big Cone bubbles a little and steams constantly but it rarely erupts.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.